Sunday, February 22, 2009
The end of our dear Gepetto
Gepetto has been with us since we started Dental School, so we are going on 4 years now... how did this fish live so long?! We have NO idea! He has been left for weeks at a time without being fed, in a cold house all winter, and somehow, he hasn't keeled over! So, I was cleaning out his bowl yesterday, which consists of dumping out half the water and adding new water, then dumping out half the water again and adding new water... so you can understand even more clearly why we are amazed he has lived so long! He must have a great immune system!
Anyway, as I first started dumping water, the bowl just collapsed in my hands... I have no idea how it happened, but I have cuts all over my fingers, hands, and wrists from all the glass. Poor Gepetto was lying there on a glass shard with little slivers of glass all over him... I scooped him up and put him in an empty hot cocoa mug (something I drink EVERY day) in the other side of my sink and added some water. I got the glass all cleaned up and dumped G in a big vase I have, pictured above. SO, he's actually still alive, but he's acting like this is the end. I'm sure he has glass all through his little body, but Jace is so sad, he wants to keep him till we're sure he's dead. The poor little guy, he barely moves, isn't eating, and he's more vertical in the tank than horizontal! I just don't have the heart to flush the little thing till he's belly up. Yuck! We haven't decided if we will replace him yet, but you never know, maybe this little fish is immortal!
Here are a few pics for Dad to see the tricks my kids are up to. They love pushing eachother around on this bike... It's like the bane of our existence. The kids fight over this toy like no other! They *love* this thing!
Here's Jace doing his amazing handstand! I'm mostly amazed we could get footage, the way our camera botches everything up! Don't mind the kids' awful hair, I KNOW they need haircuts, but it won't happen till next week! This last one is of the kids acting like Cacti. They were posing like robots and then decided 'it would be awesome to look like a cactus!' Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH, Poor old Gepetto. That is SAD! But wow look at Jace go! I didn't know he could do a hand stand like that! Pretty COOL!
Sorry to hear about your Gepetto, that is a sad story. Your kids are amazing as always. Where do they get their energy from. Oh yeah, it's from you!
What a way for a fish to die! (Well almost die) It is pretty amazing that he lived this long!
Your kids are so adorable. Jace's handstand is awesome!
Such cute pics...we love your kids!
How is Gepetto? Still hanging in there?
Post a Comment