Monday, October 5, 2009

Costumes

I LovelOveloVelovELOVE Halloween!!! I have tried to do a theme for our costumes each year but this year, Jace wasn't having it! Which helped, cause I'm a little out of ideas (well, not really... I just don't want to do all the work involved in most of my ideas!) SO: Campbell is going as Rainbow Brite this year, complete with boots and a White Sprite. Jace is undecided still, but is shifting mostly between BumbleBee and Spiderman. I think I'd make Spidey, but order BB.

So we went from this ^^^ to this vvv in a matter of hours! It's also a family tradition of ours to have our costumes done close to the beginning of October, so I usually bust them out between GC sessions on Sat. and Sun. This year was a bit harder to get them done, which is why I only have Camp's done! Anyway, I'll get to finishing up the rest soon so you can see!! xoxo, Chelle
(As a side note, that brown rug {above} is covering our big paint spill, and the mess below is a GC tradition, we get out all the Geotracs for the kids and build and rebuild amazing set-ups!)
PS: The rainbow/star is appliqued on. I love the look but it's so darn time-consuming... oh, and I realize this costume is missing some key details, but I'm too lazy to add the rest!! Enjoy!

18 comments:

Aubrey Anne Boyer said...

michelle you make me feel even more craft/sew/homemaking retarded than i already am. (that's a compliment by the way. i'm sooooooo jealous.)

DIY REDS! said...

My kids have passed the age where I can have input on their costumes. Well, we got some pretty cheap star wars clone troopers and they wear them everyday. Can't wait to have a girl bc I have a whole boat load of ideas. I especially like the little cupcake in the pottery barn catalog this year.
thanks for your well wishes. now it is just me that is sick.

The Hull Family said...

Such a cute costume Michelle, I love it!! Is rainbow brite still around? Do kids know who she is? Love the costume anyway!!

The Carlson Crew said...

SO cute. Holy cow, Michelle! What are you gonna bust out next? I hope you're having fun...I'm missing you this Halloween!

Dr. Birch said...

Awesome job babe!!

Shelley said...

She is going to be a super cute Rainbow Brite! Man, you are creative. Any ideas of what I can do with Edison this year...

The Duckers said...

You are so crafty!! I'm a little jealous! ;o)
Glad to see you're doing so well!

Stacey said...

I always wanted a Rainbow Brite costume!!! Campbell's got one cool mom! She looks awesome! GREAT job!:)

Patti said...

Campbell is adorable in this fun rainbow. And you are so clever, Michelle. I am amazed at your talent and go-for-it energy. I loved, loved, loved reading about Jace's first school day and about Dentist Cam's visit. You all sound happy -- I am glad. I hope Houston is all that you wanted it to be -- shopping and all. Love you.

Bree said...

Holy cow--you are amazing!!! I'm extremely jealous of your crafty creative skills!! Campbell makes the cutest little Rainbow Brite!! Can't wait to see your Halloween pics!! Glad things are going well! :)

Paula said...

So cute. Creative also. Of course the little girl is darling!!! I'm not prejudiced either. Just a cute costume on a cute little girl

Brooke said...

How funny is this: Hunter is going as Bumblebee! Oh the Transformer stage of little boys...!

Carie Annie said...

THat's one cute rainbow brite!! Excellent jod my dear! :)

S Jaszy77 said...

SUPER CUTE! I miss having you around to teach me how to do this stuff! Looks like you're having a good time in Texas. Love ya!

amanda said...

cute blog and pictures! Keira always tells me about Jace's day. Looks like they won't be in the same class on Sunday anymore :( but they will still have fun during the week!!:) How are you liking Mrs. Guzzo? Amazing crafts and sewing!!!!

Abby said...

Wow! Aren't you just the little Holly Homemaker! No really, that's a great talent! I actually sewed a lot before I got hurt, but I doubt I would have ever tackled some of the fun stuff you do!

And your kids are darling! Getting so big!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Too, too cute! I love that idea. Who didn't love Rainbow Brite?! So, how much to have you do my kids' costumes next year . . . ?!?

Covered In Crafts said...

That is amazing! WOW! I stopped in to tell you Thank You for visiting my svg blog. Those links you foudn that were broke, I fixed them. Thanks for pointing them out to me. :)