Thursday, February 21, 2008

3 Quirks

I got an email that tagged me to list my quirks and explanations of why, but I thought instead I'll stick it here... so I was supposed to do 5 quirks, but I'm choosing to do 3. Why? you ask. Well, it could be a few reasons: a) I only have 3 wierd things about me to write b) I have a ton of strange personality disorders but these were the 3 best c) I am so completely overtaken by my OCD that I didn't post them all so you all wouldn't send me to the Mental Hospital. OK, so you can decide what you think! Here they are:
1. I haven't chosen a side of the bed to sleep on. And not because I'm lazy... I just don't like to sleep on the side of the bed that's closest to the door, so depending where the bed is, compared to the door, is where I choose to sleep. Hotel, guest room, or rearranging my own bedroom, it doesn't matter. I have this crazy idea that if a serial killer came in, Cameron would be there to protect me... don't even ask 'what if he decided to go around the bed'... I can't wrap my mind around it at this point! PS, here's my bed, I mostly just wanted to show off my semi-new home-made headboard (the walls haven't been painted behind it yet...)
2. I don't drink milk. What do I do when I want to eat cereal, you ask? Well, mostly I don't eat cereal, but when I do, I use just a tiny bit of juice... I know, nasty! But it's not actually too bad. I usually have it with apple juice since it's the least amount of flavor added to the cereal... So, as the great Plex (The Magic Robot) would say: Try it! You'll like it!
3. I like to get burned in the bathtub. I know it's some sort of deranged, self-inflicting pain, psychotic behavior, but here's my explanation! I fill the tub at a regular heated temperature, and at the last minute, I turn the water all the way up to it's hottest temp. I let it fill for another 10 seconds or so... I love the tingling feeling it gives my feet first as it travels through the water till it is eventually at my neck... I know I'm a psycho! BUT, don't knock it till you try it!!
I tag: Gretchen, Ciera, Katie Y, Melissa, and whoever else wants to post their quirks!

7 comments:

Megan Nordstrom said...

Megan Nordstrom here, Steve's wife. I enjoyed your post. I have to say that you could just try eating cereal dry. That's what my Sis-in-Law does. Also, I am with you on the hot water thing. My showers are always on the hot to burning side. Steve blames me for the electricity bill! Also, I am curious as to how you made your head board.

Colton and Ashley said...

You are strange! Just kidding. Colt said..."That's gross....I would use water over juice!". Whatever works for you though. And, I totally agree with you on the shower thing. LOVE it scorching! I'll call you tomorrow since it's probably too late tonight...but lunch monday sounds fabo! I may not have a car but we can work the details out later.

Unknown said...

Wow - I knew two of those three - but not the bath thing. I'll have to think about that today and I'll post it soon. :) I like the idea though - very good Chelle!

Natalie said...

Wow you are kind-of weird- I don't know if I can be your friend any more! hehee No, you know I love ya :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, you are hilarious, I love it! I love reading your blog, and I love your new headboard, again...you are so dang crafty. Email me about your pillowcase dress, I wanna make one. I love the scorching water too, to the point where my skin is bright red when I get out and I have to use a whole bottle of lotion to fix it...

Ciera said...

I love the bed! Call me when you come through GR!

The Boring Family said...

I LOVE your headboard! It's so cool! I need to do something like that next time I re-decorate my room. As far as the quirks, I think it's funny that you can't sleep on a particular side of the bed, because I couldn't imagine always switching. I'll have to think of some of my quirks...oh, our blog--theboringreport.blogspot.com