Friday, March 20, 2009

OK, I know I just posted...

But I had some other pics and they were taking forever to upload... This top one is of the kids helping make dinner... just lettuce for a taco salad, but they had fun helping out. I went to this awesome cooking class and got some great ideas to try to get my kids to start eating without me yelling at them all mealtime... so this was the first attempt... letting them help get the meal ready. The taco salad didn't go over too well, but that was last Sunday, and since then, they've eaten pretty well! I have a few other ideas up my sleeve if this one gets old for them...
For St. Patrick's Day we made homemade pizza with shamrock shaped bell peppers and other toppings. That was a fun dinner to help make!


Then we set a trap to catch our house leprechaun... the trap was really good, but the sneaky little guy was too quick! He left a ton of treats, a few foot prints, and a note telling us to try again next year!

4 comments:

AlfreySlice said...

fur cute!! I love your shamrock pizza idea! Very cleaver! Make sure you place your bet on my blog! You could be the proud winner of a candy bar!!! Miss you!

Shelley said...

What fun ideas! I've never tried to catch a leprechaun! Awesome that he leaves treats. You are such a fun and inventive mom!!!

The Hull Family said...

What fun St. Patrick's Day ideas! I might have to use some of them for next year.

I have to comment on your previous post as well. I am so interested in the things you canned for your food storage. I have never heard of canned butter or cheese sauce. I think you need to post the directions so I can be as cool as you!!

Colton and Ashley said...

Darn Leprechaun! I wanted to see what that little devil looked like! Maybe next year!