

OK< long story short: We got this scooter in Rexburg for $800, back in '05 and it was really good to us, Cam rode it to school, work, around town, Jace loved riding on it!! So we brought it to Denver with us so Cam could continue to use it... we had it locked up most of the time, but one day the battery died and it was out of gas so we just locked the steering wheel and the front wheel, and parked it in front of our house. Next morning it was gone... someone was watching us and nabbed it! We were pretty nervous for a while... so anyway, we knew they couldn't get too far since it was a POS at this point and the whole thing was locked up and wouldn't start... This was Oct. '06. A month later, over Thanksgiving, it was found in a back field by our house. It was practically ripped in half, the wheels were all bent out of shape, the key holes were stripped, pieces were missing, you get the picture... try as they might, they couldn't get it to do what they wanted! So we fixed it up as best we could, but there was one major thing we had no idea how to fix... so we had it checked and got a quote... $1000!!! We didn't even buy it for that much! So we said no thanks and waited for oever a year... We were sick of it sitting on the back porch, So yesturday, Cam finally said, let's try to sell it! So we posted it up on Craigslist (LOVE that place) and didn't really know what to expect... within an hour or so, we had like 5 hits! tons of guys wanted it so they could try their hand at fixing it! So we sold it in less than 4 hours! Now we are wishing we would have asked for more since it was such a HOT commodity! Anyway, we're so glad to be rid of it and now we have some extra cash to play! Hooray! PS, I guess it wasn't such a short story anyway, thanks for reading my chatter!!
4 comments:
Hi Michelle! I remember when you guys bought that scooter... ahh the memories of Idaho! I loved reading the history on the scooter and how it sold on craig's list. I've always wanted to use craig's list, now maybe I will. Hey... I love that you are still scrapbooking and posting your pages. You are an inspiration to me. How do you find time to scrapbook with two kids? You're amazing! Hope you guys are doing well!
aaaw, poor little scooter. We had one for a while, okay less than a year because we realized Colorado winds and snow werent the best place for it. Plus we got 4 fines for having it on our porch when we lived at our condo..so dumb. Anyhow, it was Halles favorite thing eVeR! Congrats on the Craigs post, gotta love that place!!
I totally remember that story! At least you were able to salvage it and get some moolah! That always feels good! So, Hooray for you guys!
So it's me again. I just wanted to thank you for the advice about Owen's excema. I bought some of those products you suggested today, so hopefully it will make a difference. I don't know what I am doing, so I need all the advice I can get. Thanks Michelle!!
Post a Comment