Friday, August 28, 2009

I Pledge Allegiance

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."
Jace says this every morning after the Pledge of Allegiance. I kinda like it. You can see why Texans are so proud of this state! We teach them young! We are keeping Jace home today because he was up coughing most of last night and doesn't seem any better this morning. Luckily, it's just a half-day so he's not missing out on much. He's super bummed out though. He has made quite a few new friends this week, gotten his finger sliced during a scissor war (???), and had his spot moved to another table... and so it begins... Jace is such a talker.


Here's a pic of Campbell. She is such a girl! She loves to play dress-up, and *loves* Mom's high heels! {sigh} She's sure growing up fast.
Here's Jace's experience at the bounce house fun zone here in town. He was ALL OVER the place! He loved it, I couldn't get a decent picture cause he wouldn't sit still! He made friends with some of the neighbors and got invited to go to a birthday party last week before school started! Another plus was that they also invited Campbell so we all got to go! They provided pizza and drinks and a d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. cookie cake. YUM! So, here is Campbell's experience at the bounce house fun zone. She screamed almost the ENTIRE 2 hours that we were there. Up until it was time for pizza and cake. The minute I put her in, she was screaming and trying to climb out... We will definitely be taking her back during the day, now that Jace is in school... :) HA!


8 comments:

DIY REDS! said...

well, if the country gets too bad then we all might be joining you in texas. your kids are really cute. i want to see more projects-i love them.

Stacey said...

Ahhh!!...scissor wars?!!! Little boys sure know how to turn anything into a wild game!
...and little girls? aaww, they look adorable in high heels! :)

Shelley said...

Crazy texans... can't believe he had a scissors war. Thats what I have to look forward to huh!!! Cute heels though. Cam is going to stop traffic!

Unknown said...

We miss Texas! I am so glad that you guys are living there and loving it! :) Go texas & Gavin will be right there with you if it ever has to become it's own country - and it can you know...

S Jaszy77 said...

Looks like you're having fun in Texas! I can't believe Jace is in school. I miss having you to chat with! I'll have to call you. :)

Jared said...

Hope Jace feels better soon. That is so cute how excited he is about Kindergarten. Your kids are so cute.

Jake said...

looks like you guys are getting nice and comfortable there! we MISS YOU! and those DARLING kiddos of yours! hallie still loves jace. he's such a stud and that's so great that he is liking school so much. doesn't surprise at all that he is a talker.... so funny! and campbell is getting so big! we saw a little girl at the zoo the other day with the same hair as her, you know, with the crazy back of the head hair... love it!!!! hope you are doing well!!!!
p.s.- this is me rindy, i forgot i was on jake's computer :-)

Abby said...

Ummm....hello! I've been reading your blog for like a year! I'm pretty sure I've left comments before, too, but I guess I didn't tell you about my blog...thought I did! Sorry! Sounds like you're gettin' right into the TX thing!